Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

seat wiggle on 2004 outback

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jcole01108

jcole01108

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Springfield, MA

Posted 24 August 2004 - 07:13 PM

I have a question about the driver's seat (cloth) on a 2004 35th anniversay edition outback. My seat has up and down movement on its right side, so that when I get in the car there is an audible click to the seat. I can move the seat up down a bit on the its right side by hand. The dealer has told me that this is normal. I had a 2000 Outback limited and I don't remember any movement like this. Is this movement normal?

#2 mikem

mikem

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • greensboro

Posted 24 August 2004 - 07:52 PM

Figured you must have a loose seat, but i just checked the seat in our 35th editon and if I grab the front right it will move about a sixteenth of an inch upward and downward. The audible click is evident only if i first pick up the front right and then push down. Just a normal push from getting in the car does not give the sound. Not something I would expect from a new car but really hadn't noticed it.

#3 jcole01108

jcole01108

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Springfield, MA

Posted 25 August 2004 - 06:14 AM

The movement on my seat is more than a 1/16 th of an inch. When I get in the seat, it moves down and then makes the clicking sound as metal contacts metal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users