Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I was looking at the 2005 Outback XT, and i was wondering if there is anyone out there who got one or is thinking of getting one. any iinfo you have would be most welcome

My last car was volvo v70 t5 and after 6k in repairs over three years I am done with European cars.

I bought a 2005 OB 2.5i LTD Automatic at the end of July ($26,8000). I find the steering stiffer than my 2000 GT Legacy and I think I prefer the lower to the ground cornering in the GT. There is another issue in that a cold (overnight) start of the engine sounds horrible for the frist 25 seconds and then smooths out. SOA states this is normal and has to do with low emissions. Do other manufacturers have a similar noise... I think not. I read where there is an issue of lack of real protection offered by the side air bags. Apparently while they provide adequate head protection, your body will be a hurtin'. Style over function... I love the look of the car.

BTW, just spent a week in San Francisco.... great hills.