Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rogue Roo's consensus

So are we going to stop in Bend, or blow all the way through to HR?? If so, this will dictate when we should leave and which route to take. ALso are we going to hook up with the southern guys anywhere. Seems that I always forget about thing until the last minute, and this seems to be a pretty big one that I left out. So I'm going to be making some phone calls. Who all is actually rolling out with us tomarrow? If I don't get a hold of you before you read this, please gimme a call 2458514 Thanks, catch ya laters.

I dont really plan on stopping anywhere other than gas stations along the way. My main objective is to get to and from the show with as little trouble as possible.

Is Tony going to be driving with your group? If so, i have his cell and can remain in touch with him. We'll also have CB's and i'll be on Chan 5 the whole time.

-Brian

Ohkay, looks like we got two options here, as we will be, for the most part, our own convoy, if we meet up with others along the way kewl. But I want to know if we want to stay the night in Bend, or gor for the cruise in Hood River??

We've got two ways to do this.. We can go straight up the five, this puts us at about 340ish miles, so about 5 to 6 hours, depending on stops and whot not. This is the short quick way, if'n we leave about 10-11 like I"m pushing for, that will put us in about 4-5, plenty of time for the cruise.

The alternative is the Bend route. This is bout what we're looking at

around 320 miles, and possibly 6-7 hours driving time. Going through K-falls would be a bit backwards, it would be better to head out 62 up towards diamond lake and hooking up with 97 up there. It would be broken up in betwwen, so around 3-4 hours driving then another 2-3.

So the five is a little longer drive, but faster and quicker. Also more boring, less sights to see, and more heavily traffic'd, specially since it's like the last weekend of August, everyones going to be out there.

The Bend route we miss the cruise, but have a little slower run, more relaxing, more sights, cooler less crowded drive, least after we get through the lake country. I've got tonnes of maps and stuff going on on my computer right now, it looks like I'm planning a friggin war!!! Anyways, lemme know what ya'll think, and hey, my phones are in my back pocket!~!~!

NV Zeno is already in Bend. I am hoping to leave tonight, and make 3 or 4 hours of driving. THat should put me in Weed CA. Then i can leave from there tomorrow and head to Bend Or. to meet Dave and everyone else.

ETA in Bend: 4pm.

From there we can head to HR. Make it to the fairgrounds by Friday night.

-Brian

Ohkay, here's the dillio, we're gonna meet up here at my place around 9ish, from here we can finish load up, gets things settled and do a comms check. We'll leave out from here between 10-11, I'm aiming more for the 10 side of things, the Brat is already loaded and ready to go, Bek's car should be packed before ya'll get here, so we should theoretically be ready to leave by 9. Head out about 10 into Grants Pass, do a fuel up there (1.98gal) get together any other needed items (ice, drinks, pee break) then hit the road. We'll stop when needed (A&W!!!) and roll straight into Hood River. Should get there between 5 and 6 plenty of time for the cruise!!! So see ya'll in the mornin.