Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just Buy It Now (ed) at Ebay. Also, I just sent you my address to your email address. Can't wait to receive it and put it on and hope to get back on the road.

Anyway, on to another subject. I may or may not need to replace my tranny. It was acting very tender lately. I don't know how to describe it any other way other than it being 'tender' when you drive it when cold. I was having problem with the TCU earlier as it wouldn't shift from first to second gear until the engine RPM reached 4000+. I bought a used TCU at the junk back in May and am driving it, but now it starts to act very tender. Don't know what's going on. Probably the tranny is really giving up or something.

After you stick the new injector in, pull the #14 fuse in the fusebox (under dash) and leave it out for 30+ minutes. Re-install it and let the vehicle sit for a good 6 hours. Then take it out for a drive, make sure you drive the vehicle over 40 miles an hours for at least a minute. This will have cleared all trouble codes in the TCU-ECU and re-tought both units.

Glad I could help

Got the fuel injector thanks to ColoSubie. One question, though. The old/dead injector has this long nose in the middle at the end whereas the new one doesn't have it. I attempted to pull out this nose, but it didn't bulge. So I just went ahead thinking the new injector may not need this nose. After installing it the car seems to run fine so I hope it's just different because they were made by different company. Someone please tell me if I'm not correct.

ColoSubie told me they are different so I'm hoping this is it.

Thanks ColoSubie!