Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Official Thank you Ken, Eric and John Thread

ya major thanks to you guys... you were amazing... and next year we got SOA to help out!!! i just hope they don't change it and make it like every other car show i've been too...

but anyway... the mudpit was amazing! thanks Amanda for taking me out in your forester! it was a blast... next year i will hopefully have my brat going... i had a few threats from people as to why it wasn't there...:lol:

but ya... i got lots of subaru stuff... now i can show of my feaky subaru love in style...:cool:

one last thing... next year we need more CANADIANS!!! i was the only one there!!!(i think)

GOOD WORK GUYS!!!

Already mentioned it and shook hands on it - but thanks to you two, and the other folks that helped out... but the job well done desreves 10x that recognition. I didn't know it would turn out so all around awesome.

GOOD SHOW! (literally!! :lol: )

- Erik - Tacoma, WA -

Yeah, thanks to everyone who helped make it a show.

It was great to get out and meet other sube enthusiasts, to see so many faces, and names, to board names, and to see ALOT of legacys! (granted, first gen, but hey, all those EJ22Ts running around, yeah buddy!)

Awesome show.

Definatly, I am more glad I didn't miss this years show more than anything. Certainly a great time. A big thanks to Ken and Eric, but don't forget John and his crew, also everyone else that volunteered out there too. Working that rally course in the hot sun had to suck. Thanks to everyone that showed up as well. It was our support, and numbers that showed SOA that they should jump in and give us a hand. And of course thanks to Subaru for giving us such a great car!!!!

Exactly!! What a great show guys. Ken and Eric, you outdid yourselfs this time. Lets hope next years show is just as good, if not better.

It was good seeing all my old subaru friends again, and meeting quite a few new faces. Subi81... you were there? Did we meet?

Anyhow, i just got done with a 9hr drive... and im exhausted.

-Brian

Hearing about what all went on I sure wish I coulda made it but hey it was a blast still meeting a couple boardmembers that I havn't met before and a few that I have met a few/many times at my house. :grin: That made my day for sure and I hope you guys enjoyed my BBQ expertise for burgers "spicy style". And hopefuly next year I get to go for sure this time.

one last thing... next year we need more CANADIANS!!! i was the only one there!!!(i think)

If my subaru is still up and running and able to make the trip next summer I will. Unfortunately I didn't have the means to make it this year :(

Sounds like a lot of fun, even though I wasn't there I'd still like to thank you guys cause I'll hopefully get more pics to look through and ease my boredom! :)

YEP !

I got back to San Diego about midnight - easy flight. Great show - lots of good people and cars and food and only one trip to the beer garden - what? Oh well. Great weather and location - the fairgrounds proved to be xlnt - parking, camping, spaghetti and awards cafeteria style, mudpit, bleachers, etc, etc. Really a nice venue, might be best for WCSS7?

Okay, I'll be the first one to say this:

JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, MY CAR WILL BE SOOOooo....

Hope everyone arrived home safely. Thanks to all r/ PK.

Uh, what everyone else said :banana:

Seriously tho, this had to be the best one yet. Ken and Eric did a great job and hardly (barely?) had time to have some of their own fun time. But when Ken and Eric finally get to relax at home, they will tell you how they did in the pit and RallyX.

It was great to see folks met at WCSS3 again, and meet others from the board. One thing tho, you guys cant be shy about mingling and introducing yourselfs. I didnt get to chat with alot of the guys from down south, wish I could have.

Btw, I just got home. Besides me, Mark M was the only one left at the Fairgrounds. When I went down to the local store, one of the guys that helped put the RallyX together was broke down. We spent over an hour there trying to fix his 86 Toyota Celica Alltrac/Turbo. He blew a coolant line to his intercooler and just couldnt fix it in the parking lot. Now if it was a Soob.....

But to give him and the car some credit, he won Open Class. I got 5th :brow:

Yep, Thanks a million Ken, John, Zap and all others. Hope it cleaned up ok and all the campers packed up their own trash.

Really was a nice venue- not too far for us in the north end of things, but far enough south to take a bit of the edge off for the lower Oregon/Cali etc guys.

Really nice looking north to Adams and South to Hood-- not to mention the Columbia.

Well done- seemed there was something there for everyone!

Yep,Thanks for all the work and $ to make it happen. It was my first and I had a blast. I can hardly wait for next year. Good to see everyone and meet a ton of board members for the first time.

I mentioned it before, but if there was any way to work an auto-x into the mix, that's all I can imagine would make it better....

thanks again,

garner

hey what's this about you gettin pulled over Garner?

Uhh, well, um, you see the thing is....

105 in a 65.

just kidding :grin:

I had no front licence plate (ie, trooper was bored)

what, did you roll past and see me? He was cool about it and told me to put it on at my earliest convenience...

it was a great way to start my return trip...

garner