Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Official Thank you Ken, Eric and John Thread

Yes, thanks to all for a good show, this was up there with WCSS3.. The mudpit was a blast, my turbowagon is STILL covered, got some weird looks on the way home. Some guy in a green Loyale drove by our caravan that I caught up with and was giving us the "Holy crap there are more Subaru nuts than just I!" look... Got some cool pictures of the line in the rear view, gotta get the film developed. Thanks to Ed for finding me a dash plaque, and thanks to John and crew for the awesome mud pit (Although someone got stupid on Sunday and got it shut down, don't know who, hopefully they let us have it next year.), Thanks to the fairgrounds for teh facilities and the food, and Thanks to IPD and PK Davis for teh free shirts. Awesome show guys, let's try and top it next year!

Big old thanks to Ken, Eric, John, and everyone else who helped put on this show. It was the first that I have attended and I was very impressed. I only hope that next year I'll have my car ready at least the day BEFORE the show... We can all dream right!!!

The MUD PIT ROCKED!!!!!

Mike

Thanks so very much guys. I know you guys were burnt out towards the end but you still did an outstanding job with everything. My many thanks to you guys, Ken and Eric. And to every one who attended thankyou for being super nice and stuff. Your like a second family. *sniff* Awsomely, rediculously, totally rad Subaru show guys.

Thanks again,

Brian

ken and eric, what a great time at Hood River. As a lot of people have said, good people,l lots of older baru's and young people with innovative ideas. I want to volunteer to help out next year. Watching you guys do your stuff, it seems some help would ease the load some. I hope the same location is available or something similar. The "mud pit" was too much fun to watch. You guys with the off road cars are something else. Once again, thank you very much. Bob

Just walked in, and read all the above posts...

Wow..what an excellent time. Many, many thanks to you guys that got this show to work, could never have happened this well without you.

Had a great time hanging out, and the mud I picked up in the mud pit got a lot of points and smiles (had to clean off the wheels though, muddy wagon wheels=imbalance:( ) the whole way back:headbang: .

Great job guys.

Yikes, that was some thick gooey mud. I was too tired and too big of a hurry to get home to spend the time it would take to clean out my wheels. So I just kept it above 60 which ironically the shacking stopped at. Under 60 though, man, felt like she was comin apart.

And once again, thanks to everyone. And if I don't see ya before then, then see ya at WCSS7.

Oh man did I miss out. I was going home from work friday night and saw a lifted brat in hood river and thought, hey, havent seen one of those in town. Now I find out I missed out on all of this. Is this an annual event? Nice brat by the way.

Dude, you got to come out from under your rock more often! This was in your backyard :eek:

This is going to be a hard one to top, next years planning is going to have to start soon. Talk about to many fun things to do at once. I missed a bunch of the mud pit stuff due to the RallyX, But I did get the T-Coupe in there after the Show n' Shine.Dirty T-Coupe

Zefy,

You were not a lonely Canadian! I was there for a while on Saturday. I saw white Legacy wagon from BC there too - was that you? I had a black Legacy

GT wagon with NEW HEADGASKETS (BOO HOO!) But I did find a Brat in Seattle on the way back. Thanks to Zapar!

thanks for putting on an unforgettable experience for everyone that attended. I had so much fun meeting everybody and putting names with faces. I know you guys payed out of the pocket for this and hope you made it all back, and then some for your efforts. This is a worthwhile event, and SOA joining in the funding makes you know all the hard work and effort you guys put in will continue.

Thanks a lot for all that you guys (and the people behind the scenes) that made this an experience that I will never forget (till next year :D)

Jay

No, thank all of you for showing up and having a good time. John Alley of Hood River is as much to blame for its success as we are. He did quite a bit of the legwork. Thanks to all of you who helped as vollunteers for things like setting up the mess hall and putting everything away.

And especially thanks to Corky, Genie and Ed for being GateKeeper/MoneyTakers. And thanks to Brian (84SOOB) for selling the raffle tickets for us. You guys kick assssssssss

Thanks to all of you for being patient with me as I played "Subaru Cop" and tried to keep order. If I yelled at you for going to fast on the grass or doing cookies, don't take it personal, I had to do it. Thanks for not crashing in the mud pit and causing big problems, only one or two got out of control and had to be "talked to", you know who you are.

SO. . . . . . 103 registered cars!!!!!!

Same # as USA medals in the Olynpics!!

And about 35 who didn't actually park with the "entered' ones. Go on and try to beat that, bet it's a record for gathered Soobs!!