Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi Guys,

Just traded my 114,000 mi 96 OBW (nightmare car from hell) for a 2002 OBW that was at a local new car dealer's used lot. The car has 30K on it, but was sent to the Subaru dealer for some "warranty service"...they put a short block in it (!!!), not sure what the original prob was, but the car looks and drives like it was brand new, I love it! Man what a difference a redesign can make, this thing is like a Caddy compared to my 96. Only thing I have a question on is what engine do I have, the SOHC or DOHC? (I know it's a 2.5, but can't really get a straight answer to the cam thing). Thanks for any input.

JT

Hi Guys,

Just traded my 114,000 mi 96 OBW (nightmare car from hell) for a 2002 OBW that was at a local new car dealer's used lot. The car has 30K on it, but was sent to the Subaru dealer for some "warranty service"...they put a short block in it (!!!), not sure what the original prob was, but the car looks and drives like it was brand new, I love it! Man what a difference a redesign can make, this thing is like a Caddy compared to my 96. Only thing I have a question on is what engine do I have, the SOHC or DOHC? (I know it's a 2.5, but can't really get a straight answer to the cam thing). Thanks for any input.

JT

SOHC second generation 2.5

Was your 96 OBW a 2.5 or a 2.2?