Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey--

I'm trying to get my 91 all cleaned up to sell, but one of the things I really want to fix is the lap belt holding clips on both front seats. The one on the driver's side broke in two, while the passenger side one is missing altogether--there's just a hole where it should be. Anyone know of a junkyard that might sell these, or have a parts car they'd be willing to grab them off of?

I know this is going to sound foolinsh and you will never hear me say this again, but....go to the dealer. They really can't be all that much. If that doesn't work call your local "salvage" yards and ask if they have any of your vehicle in stock and ask for a price. You could do what I do and just go down there, pull the part and then show it to them and ask "how much?" They will have no clue what it is and say "it yours" or $0.50.

Hope this helps. I also hope you are selling your Subaru to buy a newer one.

I know this is going to sound foolinsh and you will never hear me say this again, but....go to the dealer. They really can't be all that much. If that doesn't work call your local "salvage" yards and ask if they have any of your vehicle in stock and ask for a price. You could do what I do and just go down there, pull the part and then show it to them and ask "how much?" They will have no clue what it is and say "it yours" or $0.50.

Hope this helps. I also hope you are selling your Subaru to buy a newer one.

Thanks for the tips! And yeah, we upgraded to a 97 OBW.:)