Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clutch cable help please

I have an 88 gl wagon 2WD 5 speed.The clutch cable snapped on me so I got a new one and installed it.One month later the new one snapped.I have read how very important properly routing the clutch cable is,so I was very careful to route the new one exactly the same.I got another cable and installed it on Saturday.I can already feel it stretching which I am assuming is very very bad.I will go through just how I installed it.First I removed the old cable and routed the new one the same way.Then I pulled the clutch pedal off and connected the new cable to the clutch pedal.I reattached the pedal and attached the cable to the clutch fork,then I adjusted it.Did I do something wrong to have this problem?Please help.Dave.

Thanks Tim.I will anxiously await those pics.Baccaruda,I don't see a return spring on the clutch fork(did you send my wheels yet).I'm not sure if there are any clutch problems internally.I just got the car a couple of months ago from the Chef.When I got it the cable that was on it had 100,000 miles on(how much is the shipping) and was on its last leg.I pulled the new cable off after I posted this an inspected it.I dont see any fraying near the mounting plate which is where the last one broke at.I am using Sube dealership cables.Maybe I got a dud the first time but I don't think so.

*The subliminal messages are intended for Baccaruda only.:lol: Dave.