Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Body lift vs Suspension lift

swisscheese

on the trail, park it on something so that one back wheel is in the air, then get under there, knock the roll pins out with a hammer and 3/16" punch, and yank it out. If it's never come off before, you might have to work at it to break the rust (probably should make sure it can come off when your at home with lots of hammers) and get it off for the first time. Make sure you put some grease or anti-seize on the splines so that it will always be easy to slide on and off.

a grinder eh; ya I got one of those! :)

let us know how it goes :drunk:

hey is that bolt pattern 6x5.5" ?

Here is the dimensions of the chevy wheel offset:

Picture1.gif

NOte: the 13 x 5.5" enkei 8 spokers I have on it now have a backspace which is 5/16" less than the chevy's. I don't forsee any problems with any interference.

Awsome, thanks for the info.

To much backspace for my needs :( The 15" steel pugs I have are the same, about 5" of backspace. The Toyota one I have for an example right now only has about 3". Prolly go teh same route as Subarubrat and many others. 6 lug hub conversion and Toyota rims. Althou I've ran into a few Toyota rims that had 4" of backspace... Have to find the right ones I guess

Thanks again!

• 2 years later...

I think my 15X7 chebbie steelies are 3 or 4" back spacing...tires stick out like 1.25 inches outside the fenders with 205/60/15.Even with that small size I had to do some rear fender clearancing (on full stop the rear fenders would try to eat my tires)