Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Body lift vs Suspension lift

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 bushbasher

bushbasher

exhaust fume addict

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • Sooke B.C. Canada

Posted 04 September 2004 - 03:19 PM

on the trail, park it on something so that one back wheel is in the air, then get under there, knock the roll pins out with a hammer and 3/16" punch, and yank it out. If it's never come off before, you might have to work at it to break the rust (probably should make sure it can come off when your at home with lots of hammers) and get it off for the first time. Make sure you put some grease or anti-seize on the splines so that it will always be easy to slide on and off.

#27 swisscheese

swisscheese

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Everett

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:41 AM

a grinder eh; ya I got one of those! :)

let us know how it goes :drunk:

hey is that bolt pattern 6x5.5" ?

Here is the dimensions of the chevy wheel offset:

Posted Image

NOte: the 13 x 5.5" enkei 8 spokers I have on it now have a backspace which is 5/16" less than the chevy's. I don't forsee any problems with any interference.

#28 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:49 AM

Awsome, thanks for the info.

To much backspace for my needs :( The 15" steel pugs I have are the same, about 5" of backspace. The Toyota one I have for an example right now only has about 3". Prolly go teh same route as Subarubrat and many others. 6 lug hub conversion and Toyota rims. Althou I've ran into a few Toyota rims that had 4" of backspace... Have to find the right ones I guess

Thanks again!

#29 subaruguru

subaruguru

Oldschool Cool

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Yakima Wa,

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:47 AM

im in the same boat as you buddy im gona be welding my rear dif i have a spare laying around so y not lol ill let yall know how it gose.

#30 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,386 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:21 PM

I think my 15X7 chebbie steelies are 3 or 4" back spacing...tires stick out like 1.25 inches outside the fenders with 205/60/15.Even with that small size I had to do some rear fender clearancing (on full stop the rear fenders would try to eat my tires)

#31 thatswhatshesaid

thatswhatshesaid

Subaphilia

• Gold Subscribers
  • 736 posts
  • Spokane, WA

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:02 PM

Apparently...it seems as if...

'Tis the season to revive old threads!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users