Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Brat is undergoing work this weekend...

I'm doing work to my brat over the weekend, alot of work depending on how smoothly things go... First, I'm gonna replace that wheel bearing hub, with one good one from a parts car... Next, I'm installing rear disc brakes onto the car. Then, I'm gonna rip apart the interior and completly rebuild it, cleaning out all the ventalation ducts cause they stink like bad smoke. Previous owner was a smoker. Then I'm replacing the y-pipe. I will be adding pictures in my garage website and info as it progesses. I'm hoping to get all but the interior done this weekend. :brow: I'm looking into getting a second car to drive to work while I do major work to the brat to bring it all up to good shape. I may even get it repainted in the next comming months.:)

I would like to hear details of the interior work you are doing. For example, on my 87 Brat, I need my seats (drivers side mostly, but will do both for matching purposes) re-upholstered, carpet replaced, cover the single large dash crack with a cover etc. I'd like some leads etc.

Regards,

aba4430

Basically, when I got the car, the insides were trashed with cigar ash, and all ripped up, so I just pulled tan seats and carpet, and a centercouncle out of an 86 hatch back sitting in PAP. and threw them in for now. I used the tan colored ones because they were in perfect condition. no rips or nothing. When I find blue replacements, I'll be changing it back to blue and selling the tan carpet and seats and so on. The part I'm going to work on is the dash, I'm tearing the whole dash out, and cleaning out everything in it. like all the pipes for the ventalation system, I'm even going to take and wash out and blow out the heater core it's self. Everytime I kick on the defrost a layer of dust coats everything in the car, and it's brown dust, not grey dust. Thats mainly what I'm doing on the interior. As far as getting interier parts fixed, like seats and what not, it's probably cheeper to get good ones out of the junkyard, or ocasionally some pop up in the market place.

As far as getting interier parts fixed, like seats and what not, it's probably cheeper to get good ones out of the junkyard, or ocasionally some pop up in the market place.

Aye I'm learning that lesson as we speak. Recovering my back seat, back dash, etc...materials can be cheap but the labor gets time consuming and going on 2 weeks without a back seat now..speaking of which I better get to work.

Well, it's not going very smoothly, most of the stuff is frozen together still on the front hub, and my brand new cv axle is already broken. The outer boot ripped already (1 week old) so I'm gonna have to take the axle back to the store. For now, I'm just going to wait til daylight to pound away on the hub to get it lose. It's attached really well to the steering knuckle. I can't get it to budge without making alot of noise. I'll be working on it again after 6pm tomarrow.