Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how much hp can a ea82 motor

Come over and I will show you some stuff.. I'm about 30 minutes away from you.

WTF? What is that suppose to mean? Is there something wrong with asking a question on here?

What he means is that there is a weekly thread about improving performance on the EA82T.. Try the search and it will turn up some interesting results.. A lot depends on how much money you want to spend and how handy you are with a wrench.

Nothing wrong with asking a question.. we were all new once..(well.. except me ;))

Come over and I will show you some stuff.. I'm about 30 minutes away from you.

What he means is that there is a weekly thread about improving performance on the EA82T.. Try the search and it will turn up some interesting results.. A lot depends on how much money you want to spend and how handy you are with a wrench.

Nothing wrong with asking a question.. we were all new once..(well.. except me ;))

Thanks, I will have to get out your way sometime. Right now I am working with somewhat of basket case so it might be a while before I can get out your way with it. I am pretty good with a wrench I just haven't ever messed with any Subaru's before. I have worked with some large turbo'd Mustangs, n2o'd Pontiacs, and Chevys. These cars ran in the 5's and 6's in the 1/8mi. I understand that my question has probably been brought up tons of times before, but I figured that this would be a way to get to know some people on here....and this is a Subaru forum so I figured I wouldn't get flamed for asking a Subaru question even if it was asked already. I mean you can see my post count and figure out that I am new.lol

EVERYONE DUCK! IM GONNA POST!!!!!!!!!!! :drunk:

You can get 220~250 HP on stock internals.

With a COMPLETELY stock setup, plus a decent intercooler and some tweaking here and there...and ofcourse the basic intake/exhaust mods (non restictive muffler and cone filter in place of the stock airbox)...you can get away with running ~12 PSI daily and you should be able to get about 130~160 from and average in good condition EA82T engine.

you ABSOLUTELY need to feed it Mobil 1 Synthetic motor oil, and KEEP THE ENGINE COOL! 180 deg thermostat and clean the cooling system really well....a larger rad, twin row, would work best.

Delta Cam makes a nice streetable cam that really opens these engines up...they also have a race cam as well. TWE is also making a header and downpipe combo for the stock turbo, these units will SERIOUSLY open the engine up for more HP potential.

THere has been alot of controversey about how much HP an EA82T can do....most of it surrounding me, as i am shooting to have my GL-10 faster than an STi and remain Street Mod legal (SCCA SOLO 2 class). Which means 260~300 hp.

Anyhow...search feature works well, search past articles and feel free to ask any Q's or email any of us.

EVERYONE DUCK! IM GONNA POST!!!!!!!!!!! :drunk:

You can get 220~250 HP on stock internals.

With a COMPLETELY stock setup, plus a decent intercooler and some tweaking here and there...and ofcourse the basic intake/exhaust mods (non restictive muffler and cone filter in place of the stock airbox)...you can get away with running ~12 PSI daily and you should be able to get about 130~160 from and average in good condition EA82T engine.

you ABSOLUTELY need to feed it Mobil 1 Synthetic motor oil, and KEEP THE ENGINE COOL! 180 deg thermostat and clean the cooling system really well....a larger rad, twin row, would work best.

Delta Cam makes a nice streetable cam that really opens these engines up...they also have a race cam as well. TWE is also making a header and downpipe combo for the stock turbo, these units will SERIOUSLY open the engine up for more HP potential.

THere has been alot of controversey about how much HP an EA82T can do....most of it surrounding me, as i am shooting to have my GL-10 faster than an STi and remain Street Mod legal (SCCA SOLO 2 class). Which means 260~300 hp.

Anyhow...search feature works well, search past articles and feel free to ask any Q's or email any of us.

have you gone to a dyno ?thats where i think i am going to do after each mod i do