Ultimate Subaru Message Board

searchity search search search

searchity... serrrr.... serrr...sssss......sssrrrrrrrrrrr.... searCCCCCHHHHH

go to nasioc, and search my friend. this is a question that nobody should answer, because it's been discussed SOOOOO MUCH.

The #1 rule to abide by in forums is that before you post, search. sometimes we do get lazy and decide to post before we search... but... in this case, I guess I'll be nice and just lay it out for you.

nothing stops you from dropping in the EJ257 complete lonblock with turbo and downpipe. except, that of course, you'll need the turbo ecu. or to get a standalone like megasquirt. the turbo ecu swap is like 40+ hours of work.

plus you'll need the fuel pump (like a higher output walbro.) and that's basically it. as far as fitment, it's just fine.

Well, unless you get a new turbo crossmember, you will have to modify the existing crossmember to make room for the uppipe. The wiring may not be as bad as people say, but then I've done something similar (a 96 WRX engine into a 96 US Impreza). Make sure that you get that complete front wiring haness with the engine, you will throw most of it away, but you will get everything you need, an engine wiring harness is not enough. Depending on how you drive, the auto my take the extra horsepower and torque. Personally I would change to a 5 or 6 speed.