Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well, I've look befeore and not found a Subaru site, at least not one that helped me, I too have an oil leak, I've tried the oil dye and it didn't leak for weeks.. :banghead: ..then one day I had zero oil! She runs great regardless and has gotten me out of more than my share of jams..where some four by four turned around and I stuck my 93 Ramcharger once. So now I havew an idea of where to start and hopefully stop my (sons)weekly investing in oil! It a 1994 Legacy L wagon and has been in the family for about 6 years, my son drives her mostly (18 yrs old).................anyway new guy on the block and more inlikely an OLDTIMER. Thanks for a great site! phoneguy :clap:

Welcome to the board! This place is great for Subaru owners. Your son has a great car in that 94 Legacy. Most likely its leaking from the front seals or the oil pump seal. Well worth investing the money to fix it. While in there behind the front cover, might as well replace the timing belt and water pump, too.

Mailman X is probably spot on with his diagnosis of the oil leak possibilities and suggested repairs. In the meantime, perhaps you could line up some customers and hire out your son to reseal driveways with the leaking oil from the Legacy. But seriously, there is enough real knowledge on this board to fix just about anything you throw at them.