Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

woo Brat is going again...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,902 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:41 PM

Ok so the day of the Subaru show (Saturday) that a bunch of us were gonna leave, I blew the oil pan gasket out on the Brat I mean like it was gone. So I finally got the new gasket on there and the only thing left for me to do is some tuning issues. I also leave in 2 weeks for Wyoming where the Brat will get the makeover of a lifetime while I go to school. All I have to say is when its done, the only thing Subaru about it will be the body....Here's a list of mods that are gonna come on the gen 1 Brat:

solid axle with posi from a Datsun pickup
RO custom 4-link drag suspension setup in the rear
tubbed bed with nice slicks
Datsun pickup front suspension and disc brakes
Chevrolet 2.8 v6 MPFI pushing 400rwhp and 12:1 cr
Borg-Warner T-5 5-speed transmisson
custom driveshaft from transmission to rear end
Sparco racing seats
5 point racing harnesses
6 point roll cage
3 point brace where the struts used to bolt up
RO custom weld in sub-frame connectors
RO custom shaved tailgate with custom hard tonneau cover

Here's a list of mods done to the Brat so far:
JDM high compression EA71
4" lowering job
short shifter
electronic EA81 disty
shaved fenders, doors, bed
rear lexan tinted sliding window

There's probably more mods that are either gonna be done or have been done but I can't think of them right now. Some of you are probabl wondering why I'm choosing the v6 over a flat 6 or some other Subaru motor. I was talking to lumpycam at the show and he said the v6 is the smallest v6 made and it fit easily into the Brat. Well I also have a set of twisted wedge aluminum heads for the 2.8 to make it run 12:1 cr. Also, I'm planning on drag racing this Brat and it'll make people wonder what is up with it when they see it burn the tires off like they were nothing. That is the best look ever IMO:D

#2 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:24 AM

Good to hear you got that leak taken care of. After hearing about what you've done with that EA71 in there, I can't wait to see what havoc you can wreak after the upcoming mods!:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users