Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New front Shock absorbers/both behave differently??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Petersubaru

Petersubaru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,081 posts
  • Sarnia Canada

Posted 10 September 2004 - 12:09 PM

just got a pair of new Hydraulic shocks..both have been primed (but not installed yet)... when both have been pressed down, one shock will come up a lot Faster then the other one ...which One is the bad one,the fast or the slow moving one...I asked a friend of mine who works for Midas (20 yrs.in the business) and to my surprise, he did not know the answer...but he did say one of them is no good since they were both not equal in travel speed when coming up

#2 rallyruss

rallyruss

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  • San Jose CA

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:01 PM

what kind of struts are they?

I have never actually paid attention to the extension speed. It may mean nothing. just how the seals are draging or the valving is working. who knows. mabey the amount of gas charge is different? the gas just acts to prevent the oil from foaming up under hard use.
I personally trust KYB and have had verry good luck.

#3 Petersubaru

Petersubaru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,081 posts
  • Sarnia Canada

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:27 AM

the struts are free from midas...even the people from midas tell me they are junk...more importantly, is there a web site etc. that gives any more info on your GL10 turbo with added goodies...Thanks

what kind of struts are they?

I have never actually paid attention to the extension speed. It may mean nothing. just how the seals are draging or the valving is working. who knows. mabey the amount of gas charge is different? the gas just acts to prevent the oil from foaming up under hard use.
I personally trust KYB and have had verry good luck.

#4 rallyruss

rallyruss

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  • San Jose CA

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:56 PM

the struts are free from midas...even the people from midas tell me they are junk...more importantly, is there a web site etc. that gives any more info on your GL10 turbo with added goodies...Thanks

no unfourtunately not. It was just supposed to be my snowboarding car but things just got out of hand. I am not too good at posting pics and all that either. maby when I get the new turbo set up properly I may do some boasting and braging then.

I would not waste your time with struts that you dont really trust. get a set of KYBs or get crazy and make some custom coil overs if you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users