Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New front Shock absorbers/both behave differently??

just got a pair of new Hydraulic shocks..both have been primed (but not installed yet)... when both have been pressed down, one shock will come up a lot Faster then the other one ...which One is the bad one,the fast or the slow moving one...I asked a friend of mine who works for Midas (20 yrs.in the business) and to my surprise, he did not know the answer...but he did say one of them is no good since they were both not equal in travel speed when coming up

what kind of struts are they?

I have never actually paid attention to the extension speed. It may mean nothing. just how the seals are draging or the valving is working. who knows. mabey the amount of gas charge is different? the gas just acts to prevent the oil from foaming up under hard use.

I personally trust KYB and have had verry good luck.

the struts are free from midas...even the people from midas tell me they are junk...more importantly, is there a web site etc. that gives any more info on your GL10 turbo with added goodies...Thanks

what kind of struts are they?

I have never actually paid attention to the extension speed. It may mean nothing. just how the seals are draging or the valving is working. who knows. mabey the amount of gas charge is different? the gas just acts to prevent the oil from foaming up under hard use.

I personally trust KYB and have had verry good luck.

the struts are free from midas...even the people from midas tell me they are junk...more importantly, is there a web site etc. that gives any more info on your GL10 turbo with added goodies...Thanks

no unfourtunately not. It was just supposed to be my snowboarding car but things just got out of hand. I am not too good at posting pics and all that either. maby when I get the new turbo set up properly I may do some boasting and braging then.

I would not waste your time with struts that you dont really trust. get a set of KYBs or get crazy and make some custom coil overs if you want.