Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

91 Legacy Aftermarket Parts

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Soobarooboo

Soobarooboo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:10 AM

I would like to customize my 91 subaru legacy LS (body kit, intake, cat back exhaust, etc.) but i am having trouble finding the parts. My question is if there is a really good site that someone knows of where i can find parts? and if anyone knows what are the years that parts will fit my car? coming from 92 honda accord where parts could be found every where (especially on ebay) i'm having trouble with my subaru. i'm happy i found this site though. Thanx.

-E

#2 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:55 AM

Not much exists. Legacy is a bit of a "sleeper", wolf in sheeps clothing kind of car. Some Impreza parts will fit, like engine and exhaust, but be ready cut and weld a few things to match perfectly.

#3 Yukonart

Yukonart

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:25 PM

One thing you CAN do in the way of suspension is get parts for a 92-94, and get new tophats for the rear struts. That way, you can at least lower it, and change out the struts if you want. :)

#4 sasquatch

sasquatch

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Vancouver

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:29 PM

I would like to customize my 91 subaru legacy LS (body kit, intake, cat back exhaust, etc.) but i am having trouble finding the parts. My question is if there is a really good site that someone knows of where i can find parts? and if anyone knows what are the years that parts will fit my car? coming from 92 honda accord where parts could be found every where (especially on ebay) i'm having trouble with my subaru. i'm happy i found this site though. Thanx.

-E

the headers stock are actually quite good, cat backs are tricky if for no other reason then well...go under there and have a look, it should become clear pretty quickly. air intakes are cheap as are under drive pulleys.

sticker are good for like 5hp/apiece right?

#5 Soobarooboo

Soobarooboo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 08:17 PM

does anyone know a good year that is good to substitute parts for...right now i just want a new intake

#6 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:21 PM

www.rallitek.com

It ain't cheap but you can thank me later.

#7 Soobarooboo

Soobarooboo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 03:15 AM

yeah so i will definitely say thank you. and i will say that that stuff is a little out of my league. guess i'll keep shoppin and hope i get lucky. or hit the lottery. which ever comes first...

#8 sasquatch

sasquatch

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Vancouver

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:01 AM

yeah so i will definitely say thank you. and i will say that that stuff is a little out of my league. guess i'll keep shoppin and hope i get lucky. or hit the lottery. which ever comes first...

Weapon R sells one on eBay for like $100 if intake it what you're after.

#9 theDirtyRue

theDirtyRue

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:54 AM

What about making other cars applicatios fit in the Legacys? For instance, there are TONS of honda and acura intakes on ebay for like $30. Could one retro it one of those to a legacy?

#10 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:58 AM

well here's some links.....i would check ebay alot and search for "subaru jdm" tthere's a seller who allways has gen1 jdm legacy stuff. lights,grills, etc...your year jdm legacy had clear corner lights!

body kit
http://www.aerotech....ure-Subaru.html
gauges
http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=43952

http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=43951

#11 Soobarooboo

Soobarooboo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:06 PM

What about making other cars applicatios fit in the Legacys? For instance, there are TONS of honda and acura intakes on ebay for like $30. Could one retro it one of those to a legacy?

This is what i would like to know too. cause i'd rather try to fabricate something that costs 30 than buy something that is 150+. would a 91 or 92 honda accord part be a good fit or is this a trial and error sort of thing?

#12 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:10 PM

The only problem you are going to run into is with the MAF Sensor. Some People have fabed up custom plates so you can retain your MAF. Look around...

#13 Soobarooboo

Soobarooboo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:39 PM

The only problem you are going to run into is with the MAF Sensor. Some People have fabed up custom plates so you can retain your MAF. Look around...

wouldnt the computer self calibrate like if i were installing a new intake?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users