Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wanted: 1997 Impreza 2.2 Wagon

Does anyone have a 1997 Subaru Impreza wagon with the 2.2 L, Manual they'd like to sell? A friend of mine in the Minneapolis area is looking for one.

If you don't have one to sell, do you have any tips on pitfalls to look for in buying one? Is there something expensive that goes wrong shortly after 100K miles? If this car was involved in two semi serious accidents in it's life, which were repaired by a reputable body shop, is there anything I should look for related to the accidents?

I know what the Blue books say this car is worth, but if you were in the market, what would you pay for one that's in great shape, with 100 k on it?(Accidents aside)

Thanks,

Sconny

The 2.2 is a great motor, 100k is just broken in. I am not very familiar with the Impreza line. But as long as the owner has taken decent care of the motor it will got 300k easy.

As far as price, look at paper or other local sources to see its value. I am not sure if it is the same in Wisconsin, but here in Colorado when the snow starts flying Subaru’s go up in price. After someone gets sucks or cannot make it in or back from work they are out looking for a vehicle that can.