Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Is It About Subarus

subGSR

What is the attraction that people go for in Sub's.We get a TV programe over here called TOP GEAR made in the UK. They test all tyes of cars and tell you the good and bad about them. They put a Sub STI against a Mitsi EVO and at the end of the test could not set them apart, and yet when the presenters were asked which car they would pick they both went for the STI!!.What do you think it is about Subs that make them so popular.

What is the attraction that people go for in Sub's.We get a TV programe over here called TOP GEAR made in the UK. They test all tyes of cars and tell you the good and bad about them. They put a Sub STI against a Mitsi EVO and at the end of the test could not set them apart, and yet when the presenters were asked which car they would pick they both went for the STI!!.What do you think it is about Subs that make them so popular.

Well, i nmost of those tests the Subaru is picked over the EVO because even though they both handle about the same, the engineers at Subaru did it and kept the daily driving comfort of the driver in mind.

Personally,

Reliabilty, Reliability, and the Reliabilty. I've been involved with rallying for 12 years and have been rallying Subarus for 5-6 years. Subarus hold up increadably well. Did I mention they are reliability.

Keith

I'll cut and paste my response from a similar discussion on forumsubaru.com:

Above all else, reliability, speed, looks, Subarus have character. Something you can't put your finger on, something you can't explain, just a mutual attraction between man and machine that only a select few can comprehend. I have never seen another car that has the character of a Subaru...

Subaru: Cooler than Volkswagen.
hey now;) i have liked subarus from the first time i saw one when i was young, turnes out my dad bought it and it was my first car...well sort of, it was his car and I drove it in highschool. cars that have purpose always pull me in, the suby was an awsome car and im lucky to still have it today, but i couldn't go on with 70hp, my vw was my first car that i bought with my money, it was a blast and still is, though my suby was the better choce to take to college. both companies are my top pics i have no beaf with ether of them.

* lets not make this seem like another ricer web board and start bashing on other companies, they all offer a product that eachother dosn't have, drive a suby then a vw and tell me what is more fun....take a vw and suby in the snow...tell me what does better, you can compare ether one.

well unless its a quantum syncro then i guess you can.;)