Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2004 or 2005 Impreza 2.5 RS Sport Wagon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 withiam

withiam

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Canadice

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:35 AM

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum so be kind.
I am looking for some information on the Impreza Wagons. This would be our first Subaru. We are attracted to the price, 165 hp motor and the all wheel drive capabilities of this package. With fuel costs and the climate we live in, in upstate NY, this car seems like a perfect fit for our commute which is 42 miles one way.
Any replies are appreciated.
Regards, Withiam

#2 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,417 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 19 September 2004 - 10:50 AM

If you're searching, then this will help you search.

You won't find a 2004 Impreza 2.5RS wagon, the wagons were denoted as TS instead of RS. They changed it to RS for 05. Don't forget there is also the Outback Sport, which is an Impreza wagon with raised suspension and two-tone color scheme.

I've never driven one, but from what I've heard, they're great, fun little cars. They aren't tire-shredders like the WRX's but they should do.

I'd say your best bet is to just go to a dealer and pick up a brochure, read over the options list carefully, then decide if it's the right car for you. But I'm sure once you drive one, you'll find it to your liking.

#3 withiam

withiam

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Canadice

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:33 PM

If you're searching, then this will help you search.

You won't find a 2004 Impreza 2.5RS wagon, the wagons were denoted as TS instead of RS. They changed it to RS for 05. Don't forget there is also the Outback Sport, which is an Impreza wagon with raised suspension and two-tone color scheme.

I've never driven one, but from what I've heard, they're great, fun little cars. They aren't tire-shredders like the WRX's but they should do.

I'd say your best bet is to just go to a dealer and pick up a brochure, read over the options list carefully, then decide if it's the right car for you. But I'm sure once you drive one, you'll find it to your liking.

Subyluvr2212,
Thanks for the clarification on the TS and RS designation. I was wondering what that was all about. The "raised suspension" on the Outback model, would be a plus for us due to snow filled driveways and unplowed roads. We are off to the dealer this week.
Thanks again for your reply.
Withiam

#4 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:08 AM

The raised suspension may provide a slight advantage in those circumstances, but the rest of the time it will just make the handlind more soggy, rolly, and less responsive.

Most Subes can make it through snow, whether they are raised or not. The AWD does a lot, and the standard oil sump protecter gives some piece of mind. If you want a quasi-off road vehicle go for the Forester. According to CAR Magazine it "owns the zeitgeist".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users