Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all,

I just bought an outback 1996,and didn't get any remote with it,since the owner doesn't know if it had one before.

does all the 1996 has a keyless remote control or its an option from the manufacturor?

thanks for the help :)

Yes is was, look for a control box under the dash on the drivers side.

Is this a manual or auto? Has nothing to do with keyless just wondering.

Unless something changed between years it is probably the same as the 1997, which was Factory. I just traded up my 97 for an 04 this year, but I still have two remotes and a drawtite trailer hitch left over from the 97 that would work well on your 96 if you're interested.

heuschej@usa.com

Hi all,

I just bought an outback 1996 auto,and didn't get any remote with it,since the owner doesn't know if it had one before.

does all the 1996 has a keyless remote control or its an option from the manufacturor?

Unless something changed betwen years, the 96 is probably the same as the 1997, which was factory. I upgraded from a 97 to and 04 this year, but I still have two remotes and a Drawtite hitch from my 97 if you're interested.

heuschej@usa.com

Hi all,

I just bought an outback 1996 auto,and didn't get any remote with it,since the owner doesn't know if it had one before.