Ultimate Subaru Message Board

First telephone poles, now guardrails!

DSCF0101.jpg

Yup, just cant keep the subaru's from hittin things. This was done yesterday on a road trip with a couple of the LegacyCentral.org guys. We took highway 128 from Fairfield to Vaccaville, and its a great road with windy S curves up and down the rolling hillside. I aproached a turn too fast, and as soon as the understeer set in, i locked all 4 and slid into the guardrail. Luckily there was a guardrail, cause the tree's sure wouldnt have been so kind.

Damage to front and rear is apparent, doesnt cause any drivability problems, but definatly makes the car even more Uglier than it was before.

Now im looking for a LS/LSi wagon to do a EJ22T swap :)

-Brian

hmm.. my wife claims that the front yard cement statue thngh

that she somehow hit

was "stoned" and it walked in front of her..

hmm i have a ard timme not smirking when she tells it

btw junkie.. a fender is nothing.. it really could have gotten worse

quick

Oh, i got the rear too... it could have been FAR worse. Expecially the area we were in. If it werent for the guard rail, my car would be totalled, and i'd be in worse condition than i am.

From what i hear, the swap is pretty straight forward for any 90-94 Subaru. a 96 will have the OBD2 and will give you more hassle.

Gary, make me an offer I cant refuse, and she's yours. I just spent $1200 to have a centerforce clutch installed 4 months ago when i bought the car.... so if anyone takes it from me, i at least want my $1200 back. Its probably not worth it anymore, which is why Im looking for a Wagon.

-Brian

Good idea Mike, now I will make it a point to do so.

Corky, im sorry :( I didnt mean to. The car wasnt a gem to begin with. It will be sure to live on in a more beautiful body. As a matter of fact, I could use some information out of your FSM library if you wouldnt mind sharing.

-Brian

I believe Ken has the FSM on your car, since he also has a Legacy Turbo Wagon.