Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weird Problem with Marker Lights

Hello all,

I have a weird problem with my Forester and am currently on the road with my wife. The marker lights will not go off, even with the lights turned off and the key out of the ignition -- everything else is fine. I tried disconnecting the ground cable from the battery, but this did not do the trick: the lights came back on after I reconnected the cable.

I installed a hitch a wiring harness and tried disconnecting the the latter, but nothing changed. I also tried disconnecting the rear lights which go off upon disconnection, but come immediately back on after I reconnect.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem? What and where else should I check? I'll have to disconnect the battery overnight until I figure this out.

Thanks for all the responses. I went to a trusted private Subaru mechanic this morning on my way to checking this thread, and he showed me the parking switch. My wife and I are camping in VT after having attended my brother-in-law's wedding in Northern Michigan. That long drive through Canada must have prematurely jarred a few marbles loose and made me feel "pre-senile," to use cookie's term.

I may choose to think of it as an honor, though, to use mtsmiths words. Thanks, again.

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps the parking light switch, usually found on top of the steering column shroud, is on?

Thanks -I was about to post the same problem with my Leg. '04, OOPS!

Thanks. The car wash guys must have "wiped" it into the on position during a cleaning. Thought it was all kinds of problems!

Thanks, Now I do not ahve to take the fuse out everytime I drive it.

FWLB :dead: