Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did I read somewhere that on the earlier Leggies, if they have brown knock sensors, it usually means they are the bad sensors that was replaced by the black ones. I remember reading it but when I try to do a search on this topic, nothing came up. Someone please point me to these posts that mention them. I think mine is black. Thanks!

That's what I want to know. Sounds stupid, but what will it do/don't do to the engine with the ECU pulling the timing? Does it have any big affect to the fuel economy, power or something?

Yes and yes to the power and fuel economy. Recently had to replace the knock sensor, you should have seen me trying to climb a small hill with the AC on!

Yes and yes to the power and fuel economy. Recently had to replace the knock sensor, you should have seen me trying to climb a small hill with the AC on!

Probably that's why lately, my car doesn't give me the pulling power it did before. It just doesn't have that feeling to it.