Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T performance upgrades

Hi All:

I have an Ea82T (with the small rectangular boost hat that says awd turbo), I think it's out of a late 80's Loyale or brat. It's installed in a large 4 seat sandrail. it's stock and uses ALL stock components, including electronics, except a very open intake and open exhaust. I need about 20 to 40 more hp out of it any ideas? I was thinking a boost controller, but worry about the mapping and not delivering enough fuel, or going into "limp" mode. So any idea in cheap to more expensive order would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

lets see.... for boost

i use a saab 9000 apc boost controller stock it gives you 10 psi

if you tinker with it.. as much as the ihi turbo can do

plus it has knock sensing that reduces boost if it hears knocking

for fuel i use a megasquirt d.i.y programmable fuel injection controller very nice.

no more maf complete tunability the base program code for it has recently undergone alot of .. alot of changes

so it does a lot of stuff now...

including ignition control

try www.msefi.com

and for ignition..

well i don't have a distributor.. btw this is a ea82t turbo in a 87 wagon ...

i use a modifed version of the ford edis distributorless ignition system

that is also controlled by the megasquirt

First Thing I'd do is get the $150 Delta Cams. Everyone says they make the motor scream. Do a search for Delta Cam on here and you should find lots of info. That combined with some form of boost controller will give you what you are looking for. Be careful not to go with too much boost. If your engine uses a hot wire MAF sensor then it will not like more than 9psi for sustained periods. The ECU has a built in fuel cut if it senses more than 9psi for some amount of time.

Keith