Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 dual carb setup

torxxx

youowuld need a custom intake, and two appropriately sized carburetors.

i was thinkin about doing this with two harley constant velocity single barrel side draft 40mm carbs, intened to run a 1200-1500cc motorcycle, so they should flow pleanty, and can be had pretty cheaply.

and a throttle cable splitter, and a carb sink tool, and....... =]

I fooled around with that some years ago, and I have seen the light;--get a weber as it is a bolt on and the power is very nice. don't worry about the water jacket in the manifold it never gets hot enough to cause any problem. In fact the biggest problem with the weber is icing.

I have wrapped small diameter coolant hose around the outside of the manifold under the carb, and that helps.

skin all of the emission away from the block and the engine looks nice also.

Look at the duel setups for the air cooled VWs, same engine size range and layout, the research has all been done. Just get a set of 44mm weber spread bores with manifolds ($$$:-\), and old Subie manifold, some cutty some weldy and Vroom, Vroom, big power. :D

Like all cool stuff automotive, all it takes is time and money.

Gary

How about a dual SPFI setup? Custom Manifolds. Something would have to be done with the fuel pressure I guess - or maybe swap in a smaller injector. Fabricate some throttle linkage. A larger, electrically compatible MAF would have to be used I imagine...

Could be intersting.