Ultimate Subaru Message Board

part # search? XT6

Hiya'll, I did a few searchs for threads in the board:

"cybrid steering bushing XT6"

"cybrid steering bushing"

"cybrid steering"

"cybrig"

and for somereason it didn't bring up the old thread where someone posted the part number for those bushings.

(in a yodling voice)

Sooooooo, what is iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt??!

I'm back off the road for the weekend. Took apart the unit and discovered that the existing brushes are fully extended and can be pushed further out to contact *fully* the rotating shaft of the motor.

Thanks of rall the well wishes elesewhere and in your thoughts, It's been a unsane 6 months out there OTR. :rolleyes:

okay and ummmm, if someone has a spare set of these bushing and could send them to (us) at Mike and Beth's house here in Texas. that would be a blessing.

I got the money and can "mail it" i would offer to paypall it but, i need to update the numbers....... i go back on the road monday about 10-11 AM.

if this could be done in such short notice then awesome and thanks in advance....

I did a GOOGLE search for "XT6 steering brush" and found this link:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/xt6/message/2319

I think you'll find everything you need to know in this post.

Anthony's Subaru in Kelowna, BC will take mail or phone orders. Cost is under $7 Canadian plus tax and shipping. You should be able to get suitable brushes from a local electric motor repair place. They don't actually have to be in a Subaru parts bag.

U can contact:

Anthony`s Suzuki Subaru Kelowna

2670 N Hwy 97 Kelowna V1X 4J4

250-861-6163

I'm at work so I can't give you the part# right off hand. They sell them pretty cheaply though.

Edit: I checked the link above and yep, everything you need seems to be there.

Part#31266GA340

Also, here's another nifty page on changing the brushes if you get confused or hung up.

http://www.xt6.net/ps_pump_repair.htm

A couple of hints, not mentioned in the procedure linked to in my original post above:

1. Dont' forget to disconnect the battery!

2. When you pry the end cap off the motor, the bearing inside may be stuck in the cap. If you pull too hard, you can damage the seal between the motor and the pump because the armature may try to come out too. Take the rubber plug out of the end cap, and use a screwdriver to push the bearing out of the end cap. You just need to free up the stuck bearing. Don't forget to replace the rubber plug when you have the end cap out.