Ultimate Subaru Message Board

True Dual Exhaust

in my opinion, i dont like dual exhaust, i have tried wide open straight pipes, with mufflers, without, and just straight pipes with baffles.

i think with our head design, with the shared exhaust port, they like the scavenging, of either a 2 into 1 with the y-pipe, or at least a dual with a xover pipe, like the airplane guys recommend.

stock y-pipe gutted, witha glasspack, or spark arrestor muffler,set 2 feet back has worked good for me, power and sound.

Nice looking systems skip, I think if you ran a single pipe of equal flow from the Y back the performance would be equal. The trick is that you get the scavenging from the Y and less restrictive flow. Straight duels or duels with a crossover will most likely be better than stock, especially on the top end, but a high flow Y system from the heads back will do better across the whole RPM range. I think you can confirm this, as that is essentially what your system is.

Gary