Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 Turbo

I don't have the answers for you. . . . I did get my EA81T wagon for $2000, so it wouldn't be that expensive for the engine and ecu, I imagine and any stock exhaust is limiting on those, I would just get new 2" or 2.5" pipes. Being in Montana, I skipped the muffler. EA81T's are a little sparser than the EA82T's.

Where in Montana are you?

Dont forget the engine crossmember and to keep the front sway bar and control arms that correspond to the transmission you are going to use on the converted car. Fuel pump and gas tank are also concerns to consider.

The instrument clusters and their sending units are also different.

I have an '84 Turbo wagon. Someone here is interested in the engine for their Brat. I was wanting to get an idea of what the going rate was for this engine and related parts. I was going to keep it to maybe some day put into my Hatch.........but I decided I don't have the room to store it. I sold it this afternoon. I'm not to good at the used part pricing thing yet, so I was just putting out some feelers.

I am in Bozeman MT.

• 1 month later...

Im not sure what the going price is, But i got lucky and got one out of a smashed 84, Started it up before i bought it, But the big kicker was the ticker only had 83,000 on it.

$75.00 for everything, the wireing,plenum,turbo, all lines and aircleaner box.

Like i said "I got luckY!"

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget, AE81T mounts air box right where the battery is on non-turbo cars and if you use the turbo donor cars' wire harness now the battery will be on the driver's side, unless you cut the donor harness up (not a good idea as some of the connections may be brittle after 20 years)..... just my .02 Gary ('83 Turbo Brat)