Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Instrument panel removal question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 slosube

slosube

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Fort Wayne Indiana

Posted 25 September 2004 - 02:34 PM

I have an '85 GL wagon that I need to take the instrument panel out of to correct a problem with the warning lights and guages. I suspect a bad ground connection because the warning lights are all on all the time and the guages are inaccurate. How does the surround come off? I have all the screws that I can see removed but the surround seems to be connected somehow on both ends. Help! What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 25 September 2004 - 02:50 PM

Pull the top and bottom heater control buttons off and there are screws at each. On the left side, I will have to go out and look and repost.

Ok, the right one is under the bottom of the surround. But there are clips where the air outlet is on the left side. Maybe once you get the right side free the left will come loose.

#3 CIS Subaru

CIS Subaru

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 1,992 posts
  • Columbus, OH

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:50 AM

Before you pull the cluster...

When I had all the warning lights go on in my car, it turned out to be a bad alternator! I think this happens when a diode goes bad in the voltage regulator part of the alternator. In any case, I swapped a different alternator on, and my dash went back to normal.

#4 Mac

Mac

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • Baton Rouge, LA USA

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:20 PM

Ditto on this. Same thing with my '85 GL. Check the alternator.

When I had all the warning lights go on in my car, it turned out to be a bad alternator! I think this happens when a diode goes bad in the voltage regulator part of the alternator. In any case, I swapped a different alternator on, and my dash went back to normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users