Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guest lothar34

If you use that or any other degreaser on windows, it's usually a good idea to go back over them with glass cleaner to get rid of the streaks.

Make sure you clean your wipers too.

Works great. I was skeptical too. I didn't want to scratch the glass but I REALLY wanted the watermarks gone. I tested it out first ( i recomend you do to) on a back window.

Once you get them all clean, I also recomend that you use the Mr. Clean autodry system. It keeps all the water stains off.

Good luck,

I've used Bon Ami on my windshield numerous times without noticing a problem, but Mark-O is right. I just read the label and it says not to use on windows or mirrors. I'll try to find something approved for glass in the future.

By the way, the label also says "chicks do not scratch for food for two or three days after hatching". I learned two new things today.

scotchbrite pads are great for a lot of things and come in many grits, the tough ones will probably take chrome off metal. I think the worst ones are red, and then lesser ones are grey then green then white, not sure!, I like them and as said, would definately try one first and see how it worked.

I found something better to get the gunk off the windows before you clean them. I used a Dobie Pad on the window with some 91% rubbing alcohol. You should see all the junk come off ! I then cleaned the windows with Invisible Glass. The windows are nice and clean now !

Invisible

~Howard

:banana: