Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 Vehicle Speed Signal

Where can the cruise control brain be found? I see that there is a cruise actuator on the firewall but it doesn't seem to have wires connected to it. Anyone have a pinout for the cruise brain or the ECM? I would prefer to find a source at the cruise as this seems to be safer than using the ABS system and cheaper in case of problems than using the ECM. Thanks.

-Heikki

Depending on what you are trying to do, the OBDII system may be usefull. It's really hard to hold meter probes on the computer pins while driving. Of course you could attach some wires to the harness and run them to your meter. You could use a scan tool, custom electronics, or a device such as the car chip to get the speed data off of the car's network.

Are you trying to diagnose a speed sensor or are you doing something else?

Speed signal

0.5Hz - 4 kHz /square wave signal

Low-level <1.5V

high-level 5V-16V

I may have just found something. A guide I came across online states that such a signal may be available from a green/black wire in a harness under the passenger kick panel. I'll have to take a look and see if I can't find it.

-Heikki

• 1 year later...
Speed signal

0.5Hz - 4 kHz /square wave signal

Low-level <1.5V

high-level 5V-16V

I may have just found something. A guide I came across online states that such a signal may be available from a green/black wire in a harness under the passenger kick panel. I'll have to take a look and see if I can't find it.

-Heikki

did anyone figure out the VSS on. the2004 Forester ? Can not find anything