Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

how to adjust the DR selector

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_taprackready_*

Guest_taprackready_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:22 AM

Is there an adjustment of the D/R seleltor handle. My 82 wagons handle has to be pushed down tight the center console to be in 2hi where my 82 brat sticks up an inch or so and is easier to grab onto. Also when in 4hi the switch isn't in the right spot to make the light in the dash come on until its in 4lo. There has to be some kind of adjustment?

Bill

#2 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,152 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:47 AM

there is an adjustment rod on the top of the tranny...

#3 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:50 AM

IIRC, the linkages are accessible if you remove the interior plastic trim over the selector.

#4 Guest_taprackready_*

Guest_taprackready_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:59 AM

IIRC, the linkages are accessible if you remove the interior plastic trim over the selector.

I've had the entire cover off already there is no adjustment at that point. Its only a nut which secures the handle to the linkage going to the tranny.

Bill

#5 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:25 PM

Well, you are right. But after looking at my parts car, I have some better info.

Does your selector actually select both hi/lo and 4wd/2wd correctly TOGETHER? In other words, since the one lever actuates 2 separate rods, are the rods sychronized? If they are, then the lever needs an adjustment, and if not then one rod or the other needs adjustment.

It looks like the lever's pivot is on an assembly whose plate is bolted to the center body "tunnel" with slotted holes in the plate. If the lever position needs adjusting (probable) then this is where I would try it.

The adjustment for the hi/lo rod is accessible from the engine compartment, being below and towards the centerline from the starter.

Hope this helps.

#6 Guest_taprackready_*

Guest_taprackready_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:46 PM

That does help. I'll check out this evening.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users