Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Castana TimberRidge Trailride - off-roading pics - Iowa

mcbrat

MorganM came down for the TImber Ridge Trail Ride. 31 rigs. 2 subarus.

it was awesome. my weber performed great. plenty of power, and the welded rear was great. no breakage, but a little bit 'o body damage.

pics are here. click on thumbnails for larger versions...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/offroad/castana/Castana.html

there were 31 rigs total. 2 of them were soobies :)

yeah, body damage was minimal.

all the rigs were spread out in different groups. Morgan and I had our own group :)

yes, the welded rear was awesome. and power wise, I was prefect except for a couple times where it sputtered because I had the snorkel on, and I couldn't get enough air, but it didn't die, and I still had enough power to get to the top.

the steps area (three stage) has 4 risers. from the bottom, they are 27 deg, 25 deg, 30 deg, 27 deg.

I forgot to turn my fans off the first time through one of the bigger mud holes, and I blew a fuse. replaced it and off we went...

spent $19.50 at the power car wash getting all the mud off :grin:

Yeah we tore it up out there. Only had one hill I had to try twice and only had to use the winch once to get me out of a mudy spot. Next step methinks are mud terrains and a locked rear end. Those allterrains just turn into slicks with any mud. Open diffs faild me in two spots; had to have McBrat and my friend Andy help spot me through some better lines... just gotta work it a little different with no locker :cool:

Glad I went even tho I spent way too much money and it was a 6 hour drive one way :drunk:Wife says I can't buy anything for the Subaru for a long time... we'll see about that :brow: