Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

92 Loyale 5spd. 4x4 cheap suspension lift

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Johansen

Bob Johansen

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Boise

Posted 28 September 2004 - 01:56 PM

New strut to be installed soon. How can I cheaply get an x-tra couple of inches of lift ?

#2 bushbasher

bushbasher

exhaust fume addict

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • Sooke B.C. Canada

Posted 28 September 2004 - 02:14 PM

find adjustable struts for the front, and fit honda accord rear springs in the rear coilovers, that can give you something. Do a search for accord springs. The adjustable front struts are found on early ea82 wagons ('85-86) I think. Other option is to make spacers for the strut tops/coilover mounts. Either way with a suspension lift you will be significantly decreasing the life of your axles. You can do it just be prepared to be replacing cv axles regularly.

#3 subarubrat

subarubrat

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • Bealeton, VA

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:07 PM

Which will be far more expensive and less functional in all respects than just buying the commercially available lift kit. To do a suspension lift right costs allot in money and time and involves major fabrication, upgrade to strut inserts, changed geometry etc. Even then you still pay the price in axle life.

#4 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:53 AM

the accord springs you're looking for are the FRONT ones from an '86-'89 accord, to go on the BACK of your EA82 car. And the adjustable fronts as stated earlier. If that's not enough, just cough up the cash for a BYB 3" kit, you'll be much better off in the long run.

#5 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:11 AM

The adjustable fronts aren't going to do you any good on a 4wd loyale wagon It has the longest available suspension of any of the EA82s..(87-94 4wd wagons).. The 85-86 adjustables, when cranked all the way up are about the same length as later model non adjustables. I have verified this by measuring the two side by side, out of the car.

Side note. The struts I have in my car are from a 90 loyale 4wd wagon. The rear (non adjustable) are actually a tad longer than the adjustables (on their highest setting)I had intended to put in there.

#6 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:22 PM

I know everyone wants a suspension lift but you really don't need one on these cars. A body lift is plenty of lift for a Loyale to put in bigger tires and therefore gain better ground clearance. I continue to be impressed with what my Subaru can do with just a BYB 3" body lift, 29" tires and a whole lot of RPMs. :drunk:

#7 Subafreak

Subafreak

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • Central Village Ct.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:33 PM

Buy the Monster Loyal in the for sale forum:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users