Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

one more wheel question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 the goat

the goat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • raleigh, nc

Posted 28 September 2004 - 02:38 PM

i am getting down to the final decision on the pug wheel purchase. if price is not an issue which do you recommend steel or alloy? why? also, if i can choose between the 14 or 15" which should i get? i would like a little more beefier look and that is the reason for the wheel purchase. thanks for the input.

#2 roxtar

roxtar

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Warrenton

Posted 28 September 2004 - 02:41 PM

i'd go alloy since i think they're lighter without losing strength. not real sure about that

as far as size... you might want to look into the price differences for tires to fit these wheels. one size might cost less than another

also, performance tires might be cheaper/better for one size

#3 carfreak85

carfreak85

Temple of Fuji

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  • Cascadia

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:14 PM

Depends on what your plans for the car are. If you plan on driving on the street or driving fast then go for the alloys. Lighter, stronger and just plain look better on a street car. If you're planning to go offroad, get the steels because if you bend a steel wheel, you can hammer it back into shape on the trail and replace it later as opposed to an alloy wheel where your basically F'ed. It all depends on your plans, so I hope this helped.

#4 the goat

the goat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • raleigh, nc

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:22 PM

i plan to do mainly street driving, but i might do the occassional trip down some old fire roads but nothing hard core off road. thanks for the input so far.

#5 Guest_taprackready_*

Guest_taprackready_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:02 PM

I run the 14 inch alloys on my 82 brat. I've done some offroading on something worse than a fireroad and mainly drive on the street. I've also seen a turbo wagon at Mudrats with 14 inch alloys, 185, 60x14 tires and a conservative lift. That wagon looked grreat.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users