Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need help from a bodyman for a '81 BRAT restoration

I'm in the process of restoring my '81 brat to a more tolerable condition. I bought it for $600, and barely got it home, due to near-complete absense of clutch. Got that fixed at least so she ran, put some additive in her, and now she'll go until i get something bigger and badder (in otherwords, more money). Had been repaired with a few bad bond-o jobs on the left rear, and had been sat on the roof (keep in mind, is a gen-1, no T top). So i did some cancer repair on both rear fenders and some miscellaneous body work. 2 new from-the-box fenders and 7 coats of bond-o later (save your breath, all rust has been cut out), it's been painted paramount red again, with the infamous red stripe-pictures to come soon.

So here's where i'm at:

~Previous owner had home-made rear facing seats which i removed. I aquired a set of original seats (connections...) that have had the tabs cut off w/ a saws-all. Has anyone fabricated their own tabs and had a decent turn-out? anything i should know before doing so?

~Bed of truck is not painted. Plans to rhino-line it or some other type of liner. How can i mask off the brackets for the rear facing seats? or should i spray them and scrape the brackets off when i'm done?

~Those little plastic mounts behind the windows have a couple of pegs broken off the back. I cannot find good ones for the life of me, and i know all parts dealers in central CO. Glue them on?

~Have some 2" tweeter-style speakers. Best way to mount them in rear of cab or worth my time?

Let me know what i should do, i'll get some pictures as soon as i can.