Ultimate Subaru Message Board

O2 sensor/Trans.in way of socket !!!

Thanks 4 your help! Am I lame? I can't even undo the plug connecter it won't budge,I see a little tab of somekind it won't move. I have a new bosch#12053 ready to go would like to know if the orange wire reads the .40-.60v rapidly @600 F. IF it doesn't test right once I & IF I get it unplugged,I'll replace but how? I bought the proper tool Napa#775-9047 7/8'' cutout deep socket but it won't clear the tranny by about <3degrees & <a 1/4" or so. It looks like a teensy amount of persuasion is all it would take however I'm a little concerned about damaging the new 50$ one on the way back in. Any suggestions? 92 Loyale ea82 4x4 4 dr wagon 5spd. manual

how are you testing this? I dont quite understand. that sounds like an unusual test method.

as for the isnstall and or removal try a normal combo wrench(7/8" I think will do fine) after soaking it with some good penitrating fluid. there are lots of different 02 removal tools you may have just got one that will not work on your car.

put copper hi temp antisieze when you put new one in

and a box wrench should work just fine

you never mentioned if it was turbo or not

It has some on the new part plus ill carefully add more anti-sieze non turbo this tool basically should be able to keep me from not have to undo the shroud on the converter which id rather not do they look darned near age welded even w/ penatrant spray!

ok chiltons was almost there. you want to tap into the signal while its still connected to the harness. with the car good and hot signal voltage should cycle yes. .4 to .6 mmm no. that would tell me that its a lazy 02. you need to come closer to .1 and .9 Volts. note: do this at say 1500 rpm. if 02 stays high or low it still may not actually be an 02 problem but a problem with the engine management.

but if you want to just change it I now rember what you mean about the heat shield. that thing is in the way of a wrench. you will need a 02 socket.

try to find one with a ratchet attachment on the side not the top. they are usualy shorter. or a ofset wrench will work too.

good luck.

Thanks rallyruss! It seems 2 me that maybe the converter has become shoved a little to close 2 the tranny thats why I cant get the special socket on.I don't need much ! I think after I test like you recommend,& I still want 2 replace I'll try 2 gently wedge a piece of wood in between to get the socket the 1/4" of clearance I'm currently lacking.:)

Thanks rallyruss! It seems 2 me that maybe the converter has become shoved a little to close 2 the tranny thats why I cant get the special socket on.I don't need much ! I think after I test like you recommend,& I still want 2 replace I'll try 2 gently wedge a piece of wood in between to get the socket the 1/4" of clearance I'm currently lacking.:)

:drunk: no problem. hope you get it done with out breakage.