Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lift Kit ?'s

LeDevil

The rear is different. I dont believe the torsion bar blocks will work with the 2WD rear suspension.

If you convert your 2WD over to 4WD it will work. Remember to swap the front struts and everything in the rear, from the torsion bars to the diff hanger, and even a 4WD fuel tank. Then the lift will bolt right in.

-Brian

Just got back from pull a part. Took a look at both a 4X wagon and a 2X wagon, both ea81s. I don't see any reason why an Ozified lift kit wouldn't be 100% compatible with the 2wd ea81s.

I've installed 13 of the kits, I would be familiar with them.

Just got back from pull a part. Took a look at both a 4X wagon and a 2X wagon, both ea81s. I don't see any reason why an Ozified lift kit wouldn't be 100% compatible with the 2wd ea81s.

I've installed 13 of the kits, I would be familiar with them.

Say it dont spray it! :lol:

some people with limited mobility like the higher stance the body lift provides. much easier to get in and out of a car that sits higher....

That was the first thing I noticed when I got big tires on and went to get in.... I dont have to sit DOWN! I just slide right in! :brow:

The Rear of a 2WD is Identical in design to a 4WD ...Minus the Mustach bar, its mounts, A diff, axles, and 4WD hubs.....Oh and Fuel Tank....

Ozified Lift will Bolt right in, you will have a Few rearend Parts left over is all......

If you are just wanting to get the height out of your Car Go for it as is.....

Good Luck, John

some people with limited mobility like the higher stance the body lift provides. much easier to get in and out of a car that sits higher....

For those of you who aren't 5'4" i need a ladder once the brat gets a lift. And oh, man, it's coming...

Went down to dad's place, the Subie graveyard (nations largest independent subaru repair/resale/used parts). As far as the '83s go, the majority of what you're looking for is compatible 2-4wd. Just look out if you know you have someting not stock or something on there (i seen one switched to the legacy pneumatic, likely ain't yours, but worth looking at before doing anything). Or air bags... haha, just kidding. i know you all are above that.. but a basic lift should be alright.

Just don't try to lower it like AJ using a spring compressor. fool. worked for 5 miles and one shot right through his fender.