Ultimate Subaru Message Board

mounting reverse lights, ideas

brat has metal bumpers, and wanted to know if it would be good to cut a window out to mount the lights in the bumpers, can't go below, as they would be ripped off - already used the license plate to plow grass, can't go above the bumper because of the tailgate, don't want to go on the ends as they may be ripped off!

looking for a better idea or approval :)

Don't see why that would be a problem. One thing that might take less work is to reverse mount a spot light. I have two spot lights mounted on the headrest bracket. I was thinking of making a crossbar between the two mounts and putting a fog light facing backwards there.

Guest taprackready

I've seen several neat looking reverse light setups. Basically you use the white round lights with a rubber gasket that truckers use on big rigs. You can then use a hole saw the right size and 1. cut two holes in your rear bumper and mount them there or 2. Cut two holes in your tailgate and mount then there. Iv'e seen it both ways on a full size Ford and it looks good and is out of the way.

Bill