Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subie Half Doors, Anybody run them...

why are those good?

When out on the trails you often need to lean out and look at the line you are trying to stay on :) With a half door you can really lean out and see under where your tires are and how to best hit the obsitcle.

I saw on TWB Fabrication's site he said half doors soon to come. That would be pretty spiffy; get crack'n TWB! :lol: One of these days I'll just grab some from the junkyard and take my grinder with a cut off wheel to them :brow:

Yeah, mine for my 4runner have cup holders :) and a relocated door handle...... For anyone that is interested, here is a post about me building mine for the Toyota (might give you guys some ideas.....) http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225825

Oh and if I was to ever do it again, I would keep the upper window frames so you can make snap on canvas to keep you warm and dry on the way to the trail.....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2506996&postcount=2

I"m With Zapper.....

I Saw the Cup Holder Style as well.....Plan on Doing a set....For My BEAST....

But These are for a True Trail Rig, not something you drive dailey accept in summer....:)

I liked all the different ones We got to see At the Rubicon last August......:)

One of these Days I'll come up with an Original Idea For a Subaru...... :burnout:

Sorry, I did not realize that all Subura's didn't have window frames....

I also forgot to mention that I did have a set of tube doors for the 4runner but they threw a lot up crap up into the cab and then I made my sheetmetal half doors. After I ran those once - I sold the tube doors...... The sheetmetal doors are was less drafty.

So anyone got pictrues of there halfdoors? Because I haven't found a single one on a Subaru....

I wish I had a picture of (one of) my old VW bus(es) from Manhattan Beach, CA. We welded all the doors shut, cut it off at the beltline, made a hinged tailgate and cut the front doors down, a'la Jeep. It had 10" wide mudders on the rear and went anywhere. Looked like a bathtub with a split windshield.

Jaws dropped when we came flying over a dune in that thing. Had swivel cupholders mounted on the dash (from the local marina). Too bad Subaru had only the 360 in those days, with something to replace the VW forty horse she woulda really flown as light as she was.

would love to have a set. but i work too much to do a lot of fab work myself. i was probably going to end up making tube or square frame mesh doors. that way i have something a lot cooler for the hotter months in Yuma, AZ... I'd love to have a nice set like those for the summer though!

Jared

• 2 years later...