Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hmmm...these are wide.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:25 PM

13x8 wheels, 5 inch back spacing, with 235/45/13 Khumo V700 tires.

May we say....[Tiff]grip, GRIP, and MOOORE GRIP![/Tiff]

Hehehhehehehehehehe..........

#2 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:01 AM

pics?

#3 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:03 AM

pics?

To come when i get them in. :headbang:

#4 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:10 AM

TTIWWOP

:lol:

#5 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:13 AM

TTIWWOP

:lol:

Yeah yeah...i know....lol

#6 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:23 AM

ya but will is good at those (that?)

#7 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,903 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:27 AM

How about some 18"x8" rims? Mwahahaha Brat is gonna be pimpin with those size rims on it!!!

#8 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:39 AM

How about some 18"x8" rims? Mwahahaha Brat is gonna be pimpin with those size rims on it!!!

Sorry dude.. I really don't think theres any way you are going to get 18s on a brat without it looking like nasty old rice.. Tex did it on his RX, and it overstepped the bouds of taste.. just a little.. And EA71/EA81 cars have even smaller wheelwells..

Just my .02

#9 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:47 AM

hey good thread hijack :thumbs up:

#10 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:08 AM

hey good thread hijack :thumbs up:

Gotta do something.. not like theres anything to look at here..:lol:

#11 Myxalplyx

Myxalplyx

Old Wise and Dumb

• Members
  • 1,834 posts
  • New Castle

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:20 AM

13x8 wheels, 5 inch back spacing, with 235/45/13 Khumo V700 tires.

May we say....[Tiff]grip, GRIP, and MOOORE GRIP![/Tiff]

Hehehhehehehehehehe..........

I know you are off to suspension world and all but how would us less mechanically minded people accomplish what you just did? I mean, where can I get this '5" back spacing'. Where can I get these tires at? I can't find any 13" tires at Tirerack but have found so me at 1010tires.com. Do you recommend this setup?

#12 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:48 AM

kvein-just tear apert one of your xt6's and do the 5 lug:grin:

#13 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:07 AM

Caboobaroo: Ummm...NO. Tires are expensive in that size and none are avalible to keep the tire/gearing ration correct. IE: I would have a tire thats TOO TALL.

calebz: Yep. And thats not that much of a hijack. :lol:

Myxalplyx: My trip to suspension world is going to be to switch out the POS bent up rear springs I have on the rear right now for some REAL Hypercoil 300 lb ones. My whole DMS on Leone idea wont work. So...it KYB GR2 front with 250, and Carerra with 300 on the rear.

Next time I get about 2500, Ill invest in the Koni double adjustable custom coil over stuff they are going to hook me up with.

There are LOTS of 13 inch tires on tire rack...just have to look for the right size, and i only look at the Competition tires...since I get my street tires for FREE, in 205-60-13.

5 inch back spacing is thereabouts the stock back spacing of the SUBARU alloy wheels for EA82....threfore I am adding on about 2.5 inches of rim width to the outside of the wheel...decreasing offset, and the wheel-tire will be sticking out of the fender well. the 235-45-13 is a way shorter tire than the stock siye, 185-70-13, therefore i get ALOT more TQ to the ground and shorter gearing.

subaru_styles: if I had XT6's....no 5 lug for me. XT6=turbo or BIG rump roast NA build and road racing.

#14 SubaSkeet

SubaSkeet

iDesert Destroyer!

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Las Vegas

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:52 AM

5 inch back spacing is thereabouts the stock back spacing of the SUBARU alloy wheels for EA82....threfore I am adding on about 2.5 inches of rim width to the outside of the wheel...decreasing offset, and the wheel-tire will be sticking out of the fender well.

ill be doing the same thing wit ma 8"x15" jeep rims. i think itll look gooood jutting out of the well a bit.

#15 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,903 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 10 October 2004 - 12:19 AM

Caleb, of course those rims will fit.....since I'm gonna tub the rear and the front:D Come on WJM, where's the pics???

#16 Myxalplyx

Myxalplyx

Old Wise and Dumb

• Members
  • 1,834 posts
  • New Castle

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:01 AM

There are LOTS of 13 inch tires on tire rack...just have to look for the right size, and i only look at the Competition tires...since I get my street tires for FREE, in 205-60-13.

I was looking for the tires I wanted the wrong way. I was searching for tires for the RX rather than just searching for the tires in the tire size I wanted. :rolleyes: I know better than this. Sometimes, I can smack myself!

#17 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:00 AM

I was looking for the tires I wanted the wrong way. I was searching for tires for the RX rather than just searching for the tires in the tire size I wanted. :rolleyes: I know better than this. Sometimes, I can smack myself!

Uhhh......yeah. lol

Caboobaroo: I dont ahve pics yet. I first need to have the rims HERE and the tires HERE in order totake pics....right? LOL

#18 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,903 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:00 PM

well sheeet, get on the ball!!! We wanna see some pics!!!

#19 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:47 PM

The next time I get a chance to reconfigure my budget I will be able to order on!

#20 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,903 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:09 PM

lol I hate that whole buget thing, it sucks. Currently the Brat is stripped and I have no money to go get a frame for it. Thats the next step for me....... But at least LUVMYBRAT said he could mediablast the whole unibody for free:D So I'll be that much closer to painting it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users