Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anchorage get together

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. It was a good time, and it was great to finally meet Torxxx and his better half. Good to see Kelly again and I was impressed with how grown up "Roxanne" has become. Sorry we missed you LOB, but we'll meet up some time in the near future. Kelly may be interested in your wagon.

I would have liked to been there and meet you all. Perhaps next time one of these things happens again I will be able to make it.

PS: If anyone is interested in a good set of studded snowtires mounted on the white spoke Jackman rims let me know. I am selling the set of 4.

It's free for the taking, only condition s are you gotta take the whole thing, and asap! No engine, interior is not totally complete, and dismantled, been sitting for a little over a year. missing a few other parts as well, not sure what.I can set it up if you'd like to go see it. It's in anchorage, and I do have a clear title.

hehe.. well I made it back to fairbanks.. Started the car this morning, let it warm up for 15 minutes, came outside and the cab was filled with smoke. Blew both heater core hoses. I've never knew the temp gauge would almost touch the 0 on the tach... Got it running.

Left anchorage at 8:30 pm, made it to Wasilla and blew a upper rad hose (4th one this fall) But all in all we still made it in 5 and a half hours.

Nice meeting you guys while I was down there. Thanks for dinner Matt.

Hey Torxxx, did haggard survive all of that okay? Are you doing head gaskets soon or just replacing hoses?

*If you do have to pull the heads and they are cracked, I've got a set of SPFI heads that should be in good shape (200k, ran fine) back in Haines that I could get for you at Thanksgiving.

yeah I'm starting to think that one of my heads is cracked. Not from this trip down, but sometime before. I get a little white smoke out the tail pipe about 35 percent of the time I'm driving. This time (after the major overheat) I noticed a sheen (slight film on top of the antifreezE) so I'm guessing its the 1 & 3 head thats bad. Found out the cause of the major overheat.... Aux Fan didnt turn on.

Kelly I will let u know about the heads. I think I got some at work (just a matter of digging for them in the engine parts box)