Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Clacking noise front left

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jcniest5

jcniest5

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • The Twin Cities

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:50 PM

Lately, I think something is going out as each time I pull off the street into any parking lot or place that has that little curb, I hear a clacking noise from the left front of my car. Could be any number of worn things, but what's the most likely thing for this noise?

#2 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:29 PM

There are bushings in the steering that go bad. Could be a CV joint. I don't have either one of those I could sell you either. You are on your own for those...hehe.

#3 Log1call

Log1call

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:31 PM

Hi,
you could try giving the brake caliper a shake and see if it rattles, they get a bit of wear on the pins that mount them sometimes.

#4 jcniest5

jcniest5

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • The Twin Cities

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:32 AM

Hi all again. This problem is getting worse. The clunking noise is getting worse/louder. Right now, if I hit a hole, bump, hump, the whole front end seems like it's coming out/separating. I tried to kick the wheels/tires when the front was jacked up, yet I could not duplicate the clanking noise. Must it be something only makes the noise when it's at ground level? I'm afraid the entire suspension might come off while driving at high speed and the car might be out of control. I have no $$$ to have it estimated either. Thanks for any clues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users