Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help GL 10 guys

Hi Folks

2 questions. Is there a blow-off valve for the turbo, and where is it located? Second, how much up and down movement do you guys have in your shifter. I think I might have a bad tranny mount cause the shifter seems to jump pretty irratically when driving hard, and I heard a clunk underneath the center console when I was testing the clutch, the car was bucking when I let the clutch out with no gas and the clunk was in unison with the bucking. There is a new clutch pack in her, I think I need to adjust my clutch as well cause she bucked for a second and drove off.

No blow off valve. There is a dash pot that serves the purpose of not allowing the throttle plate to slam shut between shifts, thus giving the pressure somewhere to go. MAF cars don't particularily care for atmospheric BOVs..recric valves work just fine though. And since there is absolutely no performance gain to be had by using a BOV instead of a recirc valve, it doesn't make much sense to go through all the trouble of confusing the ECU with one.

shifter play up and down? Absolutely zero for me.

sounds like a bad mount somewhere abouts the drivetrain....sheck all over the trans engine and ****er stuffs and see what you can find. Mine is nice and tight.

Install a recirc valve ASAP if you are driving really hard. Otherwise...say bye bye turbo somewhat sooner than later.

the tranny mount is probably shot if you say the shifter jumps up and down.

you say you have a new cluth but it chatters? did the flywheel get resurfaced at the same time as the clutch replacement? if not that could be the cause.

calebz got the info on bypass vs blow off correct for you.

see I got you back calebz;)

sounds like a bad mount somewhere abouts the drivetrain....sheck all over the trans engine and ****er stuffs and see what you can find. Mine is nice and tight.

Install a recirc valve ASAP if you are driving really hard. Otherwise...say bye bye turbo somewhat sooner than later.

I'm going to look for the mount issue tonight hopefully if I can find some help. I don't plan on driving her hard at all. I worry about breaking her in the dead of winter and not having the means to fix her. I really appreciate the replies, thanks.

the tranny mount is probably shot if you say the shifter jumps up and down.

you say you have a new cluth but it chatters? did the flywheel get resurfaced at the same time as the clutch replacement? if not that could be the cause.

calebz got the info on bypass vs blow off correct for you.

see I got you back calebz;)

Thank god I have all the receipts from everything ever done to this subie before I got it. The clutch was resurfaced I believe. On one of the receipts it mentiond they pulled the flywheel for "machining". I would interpret this to means resurfacing. Thanks for the info.

Thank god I have all the receipts from everything ever done to this subie before I got it. The clutch was resurfaced I believe. On one of the receipts it mentiond they pulled the flywheel for "machining". I would interpret this to means resurfacing. Thanks for the info.

thats good hopefully its just a couple of broken tranny mounts. check the motor mounts too.