Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LSD's? What vehicles?

RX's came standard with LSDs in the rear. Everything else was OPTIONAL. Mostly....85 and up you find LSDs on.

oh and I dont know if the front and rear internal diffs themselves are the same.

RXs, yes

Some belive that the 89 GL-10 with the FT4WD 5 speed came standard with LSD. Theres no documentation to back that up. And I have seen one and known of another that this was not true for...

However, MOST FT4WD 5 speed cars I have seen from 87-90 (loyale, Gl, GL-10) have had an LSD.

Thats about it.

On a stock subaru the front diff is in the tranny. No subarus of this era came with lsd in the front. When you see the seperate diff on the big lifted cars, it was put there to be driven by the tcase, but isnt there otherwise.

Mudrat might be able to hook you up with a phantom grip lsd. He made a post awhile ago. You should get in contact with him.

Front and rear differentials are not interchangable.

Early Legacy Turbos have a 3.90 Viscous LSD that works in the older models.

SVX rear diffs are 3.545 gear ratio but I havent tried swapping pumpkins to make a 3.90 LSD yet. I will be trying this soon though.

RXs, yes

Some belive that the 89 GL-10 with the FT4WD 5 speed came standard with LSD. Theres no documentation to back that up. And I have seen one and known of another that this was not true for...

QUOTE]

So you want proof, how about a scan from an 89 sales broucher of the option page. On the page, a dot means that item is standard. Here is a link to the page that I scanned, check it out for yourself Thomas. http://www.corkysrocks.net/89options.jpg

RXs, yes

So you want proof, how about a scan from an 89 sales broucher of the option page. On the page, a dot means that item is standard. Here is a link to the page that I scanned, check it out for yourself Thomas. http://www.corkysrocks.net/89options.jpg

Terribly interesting there Jesus. Someone should tell those with 89s with FT4WD 5 speeds to go back to SOA to get their money back.

Terribly interesting there Jesus. Someone should tell those with 89s with FT4WD 5 speeds to go back to SOA to get their money back.

Well, unless it was a Turbo, it didn't get it, just having a FT4WD 5 speed wasn't good enough.

JESUS???? You must be getting me confused with my son. :lol:

Well, unless it was a Turbo, it didn't get it, just having a FT4WD 5 speed wasn't good enough.

JESUS???? You must be getting me confused with my son. :lol:

Yup, they were both turbos.. Never even seen a FT4WD 5 speed in a N/A car..They were FT4WD 5 speed with difflock, turbo, 89, one was a touring wagon. Neither had an LSD.. and I seriously doubt either of them has been tampered with.. I just chalk it up to Subaru being inconsistent.

No jesus? dammit.. I thought I had found you finally after the 'Thomas' comment ;)

Never even seen a FT4WD 5 speed in a N/A car..

No jesus? dammit.. I thought I had found you finally after the 'Thomas' comment ;)

I have a FT4WD 5 speed tranny with a center lock that came from a N/A 89 sedan, it didn't have a LSD rear diff.

My son told me about that Thomas guys, and you seemed to have that same affliction. :lol: Hey, if your looking for him, I'll tell him to stop by.