Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who wants to laugh at me? Took me five years to find...the cupholders.

So, five years ago, my fiancee and I bought a 97 Impreza Brighton from CarMax. It was clean, AWD, small (fiancee's preference), and auto. Nice car, so far, except I was a little disappointed that it didn't have a cupholder.

Well guess what I just discovered!? It does! I found it while cleaning out the center console area during a long-overdue detailing. (My fiancee is not pitching a fit that I'm taking up the garage all winter with my project car, a BMW 325iC, so I thought I'd thank her by cleaning her Impreza up nice and neat.)

That's a very well-disguised cupholder.

--Chris

When I bought mine, I picked it up from the dealership in the middle of the work day. Went back to work and started bitching to a friend about how I had just bought a car without a cup holder. This friend, a long time Sub owner, then made fun of me, and told me where it was...but 5 years? I would have found without this friend just during routine detailing (I also would have found it while installing the CD player).

I like where they placed them in the forester....

Right in front of the vents!!!

In the summer it cools your coffee and then in the winter it warms your soda! :confused:

Who thought this up? It also blocks a fair amount of air when you use them...

Just whining!