Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Purge solenoid valve problem, Help!

Hi all!

I found 35th code in the computer of my Legacy 1993 AWD LSI (2.2 engine).

I know that is the foult of purge solenoid valve.

First I want to ask if it is a major problem for the engine, and what can I do in this situations.

Then I want to ask for help ! Who want to help me with some informations with original part number for this valve, and if I can find one from junkyard.

The problem is that I`m from Romania cowntry East Europe, and here at junkyard I didn`t find any Subaru. IF someone from USA would help me to find for me at junkyard, the shipping cost are too high?

Tks. and sorry for my bad english!

Hi all!

I found 35th code in the computer of my Legacy 1993 AWD LSI (2.2 engine).

You should repost this in the "Newer Generation Subaru" category. You will find more help there for your Legacy. If you don't know how (I don't know how) just ask here and somebody will help.

It should not be a major problem, as the fault is in part of the emissions control that handles gasoline vapors (the charcoal canister). Ohers can help you a lot more than I can.

...and sorry for my bad english!

Your English is FAR superior to my Romanian, so do not feel sorry!

Good luck!

The Purge Solenoid valve should not affect the running of your engine. The fault indicates that the computer does not see the correct resistance in the control circuit. This can be caused by a poor electrical connection near the solenoid valve, or a break in the wires either in the solenoid or in the cable.

The purpose of this solenoid valve is to let engine vacuum draw accumulated fuel vapours out of the charcoal canister when the engine is warm and running at more than 2,500 rpm. Fuel vapours come from the fuel tank and accumulate in the charcoal canister, especially in hot weather.

You can try unplugging the purge solenoid valve and then plugging it in again. Repeat this several times. If the problem is a poor electrical connection, this action may resolve the problem.

If I'm not mistaken, the Purge Solenoid valve is identical to what's found on the Loyale/Leone. There may be a different electrical plug, but the rest of the unit should be very similar. Electrical polarity doesn't matter.