Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need some advice buying a 92 legacy turbo wagon

Hey guys, this is my first time posting

i'm trying to figure out if i should buy a 92 legacy turbo wagon for work reason(window cleaning)

i went to take a look at the car today, and the car seemed in reasonable shape

the only thing that concerns me is when i was test driving it, i heard some type of metalic clicking noise from the front of the car. I know the owner just had the brakes fully replaced, so i'm pretty sure it isn't that... can anyone help me out with this...

also when i release the handbrake the light is still on.. also another concern

usually i would search all this up, b4 posting but i can't seem to get the damn search to work for me =(

i came across a thread here relating to click'n noises in the EA82 engine,

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/article.php?a=8

but i believe i have the Ej22t engine

anyways i believe specs on the car are

2.2L, overhead cam, 16 valve multi-port fuel injected (please correct me if i'm wrong)

if anyone has any links where i can find some information about this car and the engine that would be great... again i tried the search function and i wouldn't work for me .. so spare me plz

thanks alot guys ..

-ped

The clicking sound COULD be a CV axle... but it's hard to tell without hearing it. Is it rhythmic? or kinda random? Dependent on Engine speed or car speed?

Also, the brake light thing happened with my car (I drive a '93 turbo legacy). Top off the brake fluid and it should go away. It's misleading because the fluid didnt look low at all, but it was still enough to have the brake light come on.